Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 12, 2012

Introducing New DT Member, Lindsey!

I am so excited  to be  bringing a new face  to our team! I know you will love her work and that she will be a great fit to  the groovy team :) Please help me to  welcome Lindsey! She has provided a bio for us and is also showing her take on the Hand-Cut Challenge :)
Deb♥


Hi Groovy Gals! My name is Lindsey and I've been scrapbooking for a long, long time! I started a book when I got engaged in 1999 as a planner. I then started books for my wedding and my nephews, and when my first was born, I searched Scrapbook.com. It was all over after that! I began in Yahoo groups, I continued to Forums, and I landed at ScrapStreet.com. I've been taking a bit of a scrapbooking break, thinking I needed to reinvent myself, but found out that scrapbooking for yourself can actually be done! I haven't bought new supplies in almost 2 years now, so I am working purely on stash and memories. It can be done!

I've been married to my husband since 2000, Matthew was born in 2003, and McKenna was born in 2006. We also always have boxers (the dogs!); we have Mia who just turned 4 and Milo who will be 2 next month.

You can find me at http://LindseyScraps.blogspot.com , http://truexoxoscrapbooking.wordpress.com and right here, I'm delighted to say! I feel inspired to say that McKenna currently loves peace signs, my favorite 70s song is 'Rock the Boat', and that I live less than an hour from Woodstock. It's good to be Groovy!





Here is what Lindsey said about her Hand-Cut Challenge Layout:


Jump! by Lindsey Krauss. Supplies: Paper: Bella Blvd., Xerox, Cardstock: Bazzill Basics, Sticker: Bella Blvd., Pearls: Kaiser Crafts, Mist: Tattered Angels (Tsukineko), Paint: Making Memories,  Other: leaf vellum, brown ribbons, heart button, raffia. Font: Brody.

Design note: To create this hand-cut title, I printed out a picture with leaves large enough to fit in the space I planned on my page. I then found a nice, bubble font and printed that out a few times in black on another sheet of paper. I stapled the font to the leafy picture in its white space and cut the title with a craft blade. I simply cut around the black font, about 1/8" out. I laid the picture-title on the white paper-title (I like the ink behind the title because it covers some little fussy-cutting imperfections.) Although as you can see, I think imperfect layouts are pretty perfect, too (RUSTIC, we call it!) :)




Jump!

5 comments:

  1. This is super cute and that title is PERFECT!! Look forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and welcome!
    I use to be on the DT here too!
    You'll have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team Lindsey!!!!! Can't wait to see what you inspire us with!!! Love this lo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page! Welcome to the team Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!