Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 24, 2010

Autumn and Thanksgiving Decor

Have you carved a little time out before the big holiday weekend to decorate something to hang up? Jen is helping us with a festive thought here today...
Deb♥



I am probably one of the few people that do not put up there Xmas decorations 'til after Thanksgiving because I like to have my Autumn and turkey decorations up for Thanksgiving...I
really wanted to make an Autumn banner for my house....my friend and I first decided to make them by buying the shaped chipboard which is actually a chipboard album taken apart. I used a GCD chipboard album set, then cut and covered each piece with MME paper then inked the edges. After that I used thin Martha Stewart string to tie each one together to make the banner and topped the tops with flowers (Petaloo embossed flowers and vintage buttons from the thiftstore).I cut letters from my Cricut machine in brown cardstock. The I glue dotted the lace trim on that I got from a thrift store, made loops in the string on the ends and used the binder rings that came with the chipboard to hook it onto my curtain rod to display. Oh! I almost forgot I
stamped leaves and then cut them out and added them under the flowers to add more dimension.

Jen had enough leftover to make this great lo to share today too!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome banner! Love the Autumn layout. Wish I had crunchy leaves to walk through!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!