Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

October 04, 2010

Framing Artwork


Our Mommy to be is busy preparing. Don't we usually refer to this as nesting? Whatever "it" is, This is awesome and a great addition to a little Dollbaby's room :)
Best of luck Natalie!
Deb♥

I am trying to get as much done as possible with decorating my 3-year olds room before our baby arrives in Mid-October.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought four $3.oo frames that were stained with a reddish-brown color and an 8 x 10 measurement. I couldn't find any that were not stained in the wood cut I wanted.

I took them home and proceeded to paint them off-white with craft paint, when the most unexpected and pleasant surprise occured. The stain leaked through the paint and left a most marvelous wood grain design in a pink tone you could imagine! I couldn't have planned it better!

I took a glass effects gel and coated some paper cutout buttons. When they dried I put them on opposite corners of the frame.

I made a mini-scrabook page layout of my husband and my daughter with a preprinted quote from some of my older scrapbook stash.

I plan on making some more of these in an even larger size, possibly, poster-size but for now I have these four to do!

I think the homemade decor is not only more wallet friendly, but it makes her room more inviting and will help her appreciate her family more as she is reminded about people in the pictures! I don't mind having something I made in her room as it is more personal and I know that no one else will have the same decor!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I am a big believer in make you own home decor! I love this! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!