Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

March 08, 2011

Wedding Gift Idea

Are you attending a June wedding this Summer? I think Darlene has shared with us a GREAT gift idea that is sure to be a wonderful hit with the one giving and receiving. This is such a kind idea! I know Jami Lynn must adore it!!!
Deb♥





I racked my brain for so long trying to think of what to make for our former IIG DT member for a gift. She just got married recently and I thought, “why not make her a keepsakes box for her love letters or special memorabilia?” And so I did. :)

I bought a plain wooden frame box from my local craft store and picked up a stack of DCWV paper (Linen Closet Stack) to decoupage the wood with. I used Mod Podge glue to adhere the papers down, layer by layer. I printed out some of Jami’s favorite photos from her wedding and engagement photos and made those the featured photos on the front of the box. I also used some new ribbon by Jillibean Soup (Bean Stalks) to tie to the outside of the box. I printed off the verses of Corinthians 13 4-7 and secured them inside. This was very fun! I hope she gets some use of of this box and project. :)

4 comments:

  1. Your project is beautiful! What a great idea for a unique wedding gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so creative and talented it blows me away! Beautiful project and gift!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B E A U T I F U L !!!! just beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!