Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

April 04, 2011

Hans Christian Andersen: Heather

I am a sucker for hand journaling on a layout. This is one made by Heather and truly in my opinion will be added to treasures for her family. Anytime you tell a story about those in your family tree you are honoring those who have walked before us. Good work Heather and p.s. I LOVE this technique you shared with us!
Deb♥


When given the challenge to do a layout using a title from Hans Christian Anderson, I really wanted to find one that I could relate to the story as well. Well, I didn't have that much luck but I did find a title I could use.

This lo was really healing for me. The picture is of my grandfather. I miss him so much even though it has been 5 years. I wanted to honor him and so I did this layout for my boys. My grandfather, their great-grandfather, passed away about a month before they were born. The journaling includes my thoughts on that, how much he would have loved them, and his and my relationship. There is more journaling underneath (note pull tab) also that tells of some of my favorite memories with my grandpa.

This is probably the most "vintage" I have ever gotten for a lo! I love how it turned out! I cut the center out of the paper and then cut the corners at an angle. I then sprayed the paper with water and then used my heat gun to roll the paper to get in place. I like how it made a "frame for not only my pic but also for all the embellies!

Most of the layout was done using My Minds Eye "Stella Rose" (my great-grandmothers name) collection. The flowers and bling are by Prima. The yellowish chipboard buttons are by Graphic 45. The title stickers and wood grained yellow and are by Studio Calico. The ribbon (which I love) was just a strand I picked up! (UPDATE: It's Prima . . . no wonder I love it!) The paper lace underneath the pic is by Little Yellow Bicycle and then I used a stipple brush to "age" it. I think I got almost everything for this layout at CKC Convention this year! haha!!

Hope you find some inspiration!





4 comments:

  1. Wow Heather this is gorgeous! And such a touching tribute layout for your boys! You should be proud of yourself! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful layout Heather and it touches my heart. I love the techniques you choose to honor your grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful!!! great keepsafe =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout! Love the colors, journaling and especially the rolled back paper technique!!! Such a special way to keep those memories of a loved one to share with others.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!