Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

May 16, 2011

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doreen is here with a trick for our treat!
Deb♥


Overlapping is my Friend
-Halloween Age 6-

Hi All!

First of all, I know it's a bit strange that I scrapped Halloween pics when its Springtime but you gotta scrap what inspires you and, as you can see, these pics are from 2007 so they needed to be scrapped!
Since I scrap what inspires me and not chronologically, expect a lot of this from me!

Now to get to the meaning of my title 'overlapping is my friend'...
I was having such a hard time getting these pics to look right on my layout! Soooooooo hard! Because 2 were horizontal and 2 were vertical I could not get them to look asthetically pleasing when I laid the photos down straight and evenly spaced apart. I literally spent about 20 mins just trying to get the pics in a position that I liked! Seriously thats a lot of time when you don't have much to spare! So frustrated I just randomly piled the pics on top of each other, and well golly-gee-wilikers....I liked it! Sure I had to arrange them a bit to make sure I didn't cover too much of each pic and that they looked balanced but other than that there was no fuss. I then carried on the overlapping technique w/ my skull embellie, which I got off the internet, and my 'life rocks' word bubble embellie.
And although the title and borders do not technically overlap w/ each other, the closeness of them kinda gives them the same feeling.

All this overlapping also allowed lots of negative space w/out having to remove any of the pics or embellies and I love negative space!
So as I said, overlapping is my friend...perhaps I can even go so far as to say it is my BFF, LOL!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love how you ended up placing the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doreen - Love this lo!!! The colors, the pics of her and how you did the title! Great page!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!