Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

May 24, 2011

Made with Soul :)

Brought to us by Heather:


I had this 8x10 piece of backed canvas in my scrappy room for awhile. Never was real sure what I was going to do with it! I thought about painting on it. No, maybe not. You see, besides scrapbooking, I don't feel like I am a very crafty person - especially when it comes to painting or drawing.

One day I seen an idea similar to this on a website. I knew right then what I was going to use that canvas for. I not only knew what I was going to use it for, but I also knew that I was going to use it as a birthday gift for a sweet friend of mine - who also happens to be our Praise Team leader at church. I knew it had to be something good because she IS crafty! In fact, she is an art teacher! What have I gotten myself into????

I picked papers that I knew would match her living room. I wanted to keep with a music theme so I included the music circles also. All the circles were punched out using a Creative Memories punch. I then lined up the circles and adhered them to the canvas, leaving room for my stamped saying. On top of some of the circles, I then added a few embellies for some dimension. I stamped the "Then Sings My Soul" with the hearts. I then took some Distress Stain around the edges of the canvas. (If you like distress ink, you will love the distress stains also!)

I had a frame all picked out for this. However, when I put the canvas in it, it wasn't right. I then remembered some old frames that I had that were beaten up. I had planned to alter them. But once I put the canvas art inside, I decided not to do anything with the frame. I like how it looked kinda rustic/distressed next to the canvas.

Don't be afraid to try new things! It's amazing what you might find in your house that you can use . . . and still using your scrapbooking supplies!!!

By the way, she LOVED it! Took it home and put it on top of her piano!!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice Heather! I'm so glad she liked it; I know I would!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!