Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

June 04, 2011

Serendipity by Doreen

Here is another Groovy Chick putting her spin on the challegne this month having never tried it before. Trying new things can be a lot of fun and secretly addicting if we aren't watching out, lol! Look at what Doreen has brought us today :)
Deb♥


I had never heard of Serendipty squares before this challenge.
The basic concept is to rip or cut scraps of paper into 1-2 inches in size and randomly adhere them to a piece of paper to create a new piece of paper. It is suggested that the paper scraps used are w/in the same color family so that they blend well together.
It is an interesting technique, but could I do it?
I went thru my stash of scraps, but unfortunately, regardless of the fact that I had tons, I just couldn’t envision any of them together.
Feeling a bet frustrated I went thru my pictures. As I was looking my eyes locked in on these pictures of my kids at Disneyland. What grabbed my attention were all the different colors on the pictures. They were so bright and fun and at that instant I knew I was going to go a another route w/ my layout: instead using papers in the same color family I was going to mimic the colors in the pictures and make my squares out of lots of different colored papers! Once that was decided, the layout creating process was a snap!
While I was looking thru my scrap stash I came across some $1 Target Card Making kits. In those kits was an assortment of different, bright colored envelopes. I knew I wasn’t going to use the envelopes as is, so I grabbed them and my square punch, and punched until there was nothing left to punch!
After that was done, I chose my BG paper. I knew I wanted some of the BG to show so I chose white since my squares were already full of color. As the rules say, I randomly adhered my squares here and there and everywhere! That part was a lot of fun. I felt like a little kid in art class!
With the main part of the layout done, it was just a matter of adding my pictures, title and journaling strips (white to balance out the white BG) and a couple of flowers as accent pieces. I also went back and outlined the squares you could see w/ my Zig pen just to add a little extra dimension.
All I all it was a fun quick layout to create!



1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh yours turned out AWESOME! i loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and the photos!! Very FUN LO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!