Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

June 02, 2011

Serendipity by Heather

I don't think it is a big secret that when I come up with a challenge I want it to be "out there" so I don't typically choose the kind of challenge you may find everywhere else. I want to push The Groovy Chicks and our awesome friends who play along to do something outside of the norm. Look what happens when Heather is challenged! One word: Art!
Deb♥


I was not so sure about this challenge at all! Yes, I have lots of scraps but that wasn't the issue. My problem was making a lo using so much patterned and colored paper and yet not have it detract from the picture. Well, I think I just may have figured it out!!!

I took some Scenic Route paper that I had left over and began cutting into all different sizes of squares/rectangles. I knew I wanted this paper as my background because the pic was taken during the 4th of July parade this past summer. I wanted the red/white/blue/star theme to prevail.

By matting the pic on a solid red piece of paper and then using the arrow and other embellies to frame around the pic, I think it pulls the eye right to the middle and to the picture.

I did have to do some doodling on the arrow and journaling spot so that it wouldn't blend into the background so much! But overall, I was pleased with the "quilted" look of the lo! Will definitely be trying this again!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lovin this L/O and Colors just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a FABULOUS job on this...great job of using all of those patterns and still keeping the focus on the picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! You just gave me 10's of new ideas for this challenge Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love this! You rocked this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that arrow and all the mix of papers! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!