Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

September 20, 2011

Postage Stamp Challenge: Michelle

Here is Michelle's take on this month's challenge...lookie how sweet :)
Deb


When I was given this postage challenge I thought about a few ways to go about it. One was using old correspondence I had. Another idea was to just add cancelled postage stamps my Grandmother gave me to old photos of her. But then I took this pics of my son and the title not only hit me. But the benefit in the end was two-fold, his collection of pages/layouts is so small compared to his sister's pages/layouts.

The day I took this pictures was apart of a daily ritual that happens whenever my husband works the night shift. We go out on the front lawn watch him get in the car and wave goodbye as he drives away. For some reason this works! My son, Luke has a hard time not being attached to dad when he is around. I guess by watching him pull away Luke knows Dad is off to work and will be back. Anyway, on the way back into the house Luke stopped to say, "Hi" to the wooden craved bear and tell me while pointing, "Eyes, Nose & Mouth". Finally sealing it with a kiss!

I fell in love with a paper pack from Creative Memories, called Rugged which fit this page perfect. I used one of the 12x12 papers and used the matching Storybox Journaling/Matting papers that are 6 1/2 x 4 1/2. Added my own collection of cancelled stamps Used the Cricut cartridge Simply Sweet to cut out my title. Pop up the single letters with foam and used the negative piece cut from the word Kiss..



5 comments:

  1. What a clever LO! I wouldn't have thought to pair stamps with a kiss, but it's so obvious now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and perfect! Clever idea for the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adorable pictures and I love the story of your daily ritual Michelle! Great layout and great idea to seal it with a kiss.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!