Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

April 26, 2012

Earning my OO Status at Fiskateers

Lead Fiskateer Rebecca chose to send some mail my way and so I thought I would share here what I blogged about that on the Fiskateer board as well as the picture I had to go along with it :) Her program is to have us earn Secret Agent 00 status.

Have a great day! Deb♥



Whenever a package arrives from Fed Ex I get super excited thinking about what is inside. Don't you? This time when I opened it I found a new border punch called Double Bubble (which by the way is the perfect name for it!) and a wooden picture frame. I like to think outside of the box so in this case I decided I would think outside of the frame instead ;)

I took a small hammer and beat the frame a little bit just to weather it and then did some sanding. I used a combination of three inks that are of the same value in color and proceeded to randomly apply the ink to the frame and took a little help from a blending tool to get the colors the way I was hoping. While that was drying I used my Stamp Press to stamp flowers to a cardstock which is on the inside of the frame. Using some water color pencils I used the same colors and created my own paper that would match this look I was going for and used the water colored paper to punch out Double Bubbles and an earlier punch called Leaves as well as Flit on By. I stapled the strips together and used a heavy glue to attach to the frame, added some wire around my butterflies rub ons, and a twig from the yard and attached my daughter's picture to the outside of the frame, hence thinking outside the frame.

Take note of the hemp woven through the Double Bubbles on the top of the frame. That was a really cool way to use it!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you will take on a challenge like this and enjoy yourself. It is a lot of fun to come off of our scrapbook pages and create one of a kind art for the home. TFL!









4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous deb! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already commented on it at Fiskateers (love it!) but I'll add my congrats for your 00 status here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just ROCKS!!! YOU did such an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi deb! :) congrats on the oo status!!! that punch rocks and the frame..omg! it is beautiful!! lovew it! jen t. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!