Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

May 30, 2012

Donna Summer Tribute





















Sadly we lost a famous singer again this year and I remember well her music from the Disco Days! Her music was upbeat and really catchy. To say goodbye to this Disco Queen I have created this layout of my girls on a bowling date for my niece's birthday and titled it "Hot Stuff" which was one of the goodies but oldies by Donna Summer.
I like to use the gallon, quart, pint, ounce method for color on my projects. To help stick with this method I added color using a technique that was out of necessity. My alphabet letters for the title would not stick very well so I broke out the Elmer's glue and mixed a little bit of acrylic paint right into the glue. It tinted my glue just enough to brush over the letters and bring out some of the color that needed to become my ounce of color. I painted the bracket using the same inky glue and left it a little darker and drippier. Give it a try; It's so much fun! I used another favorite Fiskars punch on this one in a non traditional way too. I punched and ripped it up a little to distress my punching. This punch is called the Notebook Border Punch. Get one! They are very cool!
Deb♥
















4 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out and that bowling pin die cut is amazing. Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. DejaVu! I still like it AND the notebook border punch. Love the green paper and the B&W pics. Also love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS LAYOUT!!! It rocks Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! Very Creative as usual. I def. need one of those punches been wanting one for awhile, just need to get out and get one, lol!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!