Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

June 04, 2012

All in White: Heather

All White? Sure, no problem, I can do that! Wow, that ended up being a lot harder than I thought!

I instantly thought of this picture that I took last November. It was our first snowfall of Winter 2011 and the ice and snow just seemed to cling to our fence. I thought it was pretty cool looking so decided to take a picture of it. When this challenge came up, I went straight to this pic.

I wanted to show some dimension in this layout. I cut the scalloped circle and then inked the edges just a hint with some light gray so that it would stand out. I also glimmer misted the background paper with pearl Glimmer Mist though it is hard to see in this picture. I attached the circle with brads (and of course some adhesive in the back!) I ran a strip of scrap white paper through the Fiskars paper crimper, again to add some texture and dimension to the layout. Some lace, some white ribbon, white flowers, white buttons, pearls and a few diecut snowflakes that I also glimmer misted to embellish. (Sorry that they look cream colored in this picture.) I finished it off with some American Crafts glitter Thickers for the title.

4 comments:

  1. I love this!!! White is perfect for snow photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great LO, amazing all the shades of white that are out there!
    I decided to play along today:
    http://scissorsstampsandscrapbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great I love the scallops, and lace! The photo is awesome! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb and welcome to Scrap Our Stash! I just got home after a few days out of town so I wanted to say this, welcome you to the "new job" so to say, and good luck!
    May I ask; where are you from (country)?
    And of course welcome to my blog, too!

    La Vikinga (in lbogland) / Charlotta (IRL)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!