Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

May 16, 2009

Meet Mardi Davis Guest Designer

Photobucket

Tell me all about the start of your art, How did your scrapbooking begin?

I was invited to a Creative Memories party back in 2003 by my oldest sister, who doesn't even scrapbook. I instantly fell in love with the idea. I spent a ridiculous amount of money that evening and only knew that world of scrappin' for about a year. I found an entire new world of scrappin and my style has changed since then, but I still spend a ridiculous amount of money for this passion of mine!

Do you have a stand-by element/paper line or tool that you must use when you scrap?
I seemed to be fascinated by flowers and tool I could not live without is my Fiskars rotary trimmer.

Do you have a favorite technique?
My favorite technique at the moment is cutting out patterned paper, the bigger the pattern the better.

If you could not shop for one year...would your scrap space be emptied or would you still have product?

Honestly my scrap space would not be emptied for at least three years if I did not purchase one thing in that time frame with the exception of adhesive.

If you could make one outfit out of scrapbooking paper what line would it be from?
Tough questions because there are so many papers out there that I love, but if I could only choose one it would have to be Little Yellow Bicycle.

Can you tell something about yourself that others would be shocked to learn?
I would love to but it is a secret, just kidding! I am one of eight children that grew up on a farm. We grew our own veggies and raised our own meat.

What makes you a groovy chick?
I am a groovy chick because my favorite time frame of music is the 70s and wasn't everything "groovy" back then?


Visit Mardi's blog here: http://mardi-sistas.blogspot.com/
Thanks Mardi for sharing some of your day and art with us. You are a groovy chick!



Here is a piece of Mardi's Art World:












15 comments:

  1. Welcome Mardi, love those layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layouts, Mardi! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, what a honor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome Mardi! Glad to have you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that 2nd one, Mardi. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2 thumbs UP Mardi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Mardi!! I love your layouts. What a terrific honor. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go Mardi...you are wonderfully talented and it's nice to get to know you a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are all overwhelming me!!!Thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats Mardi!!! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!