Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 23, 2010

Scrapbooking Tough Subjects

I often times would like to go back and scrapbook pictures from previous relationships and know how hard that can be. I think Darlene has shown us a wonderful way this month to overcome another subject that could have been hard. Read on and take notice of the ruffle matching her mother's dress! It is so awesome!
Deb♥


Although my Mom and Dad are now separated, they did get married back in the 80's and stayed together for over 16 years. I felt that it was my duty to document what once was between them. I didn't know exactly how to title this layout as it wouldn't have fit under another more romantic phrase such as "I thee wed" or "happily ever after" so I went simple and decided on a safe title, with no implications, "just married."
I tried to use a romantic color scheme but not too frilly and this is what I came up with. I used scraps of paper from my "surmount" graduation layout (last month's Dictionary Challenge), and for that added something, I pleated silky ribbon, with added pearls to cover the stitching in the center, and handmade silky ribbon roses. I used a handmade hat pin that a friend had given me as another element of pizazz. The swirly dots on the bottom left corner are actually on transparency paper and made by another friend with, I think, nail polish (my friend used an existing rhinestone bling to trace onto the transparency paper the swirl design) from which I closely trimmed the excess transparency from. I think I am rather fond of the contemporary romantic feel of the patterns and colors, and also, the positive memories it brings me to look at these photos and have a reminder of a happy time in my parents marriage.

I hope this inspires you to scrapbook a memory that you no longer find relevant today, but perhaps one day, you can look back and smile at what once was.

3 comments:

  1. It is LOVELY!!! That ruffled ribbon really makes this page! How awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout and good for you for being able to set aside those ad feelings to create a layout about the love your parents once had! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing a layout of such a tender subject. I have often wondered about tough subjects myself.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!