Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 22, 2010

FOR THE BIRDS: DARLENE

Do you ever find it hard to scrapbook important events such as weddings or religious ceremonies? Darlene has shown us in her layout today that monochromatic is the way to go. Let the picture(s) take center stage!
Deb♥

I hardly do any dainty, subtle-colored layouts and decided to give myself an extra challenge to match this photo and occasion. This is a photo of my little, now 14 year old, sister who made her First Holy Communion and Confirmation last Easter Sunday. She didn’t like me posing her to take these photos, but she was a good sport anyhow and these frame was the one I liked best of the photos. Doesn’t she look like a little angel?

I spent the majority of my time working on finding the “perfect” papers and elements for this layout, because my style lately has been loud and bold, I have very few sheets of feminine/elegant papers and coordinating embellishments.

I ended up using 2 sheets of paper by Die Cuts With a View in their Luxury stack of paper for the main papers, 2 bird chipboard pieces from Glimmer Angels Crème Collection of Glimmer Chips that I misted in a shiney pearl, one sheet of a bling set to sit on either side of the layout, beige lace and pleated white lace (that I misted to get a pale pink color), strings of pearl to line the center borders, and lastly a journaling tag by American Crafts’s Sparrow line- with a Prima center on the tag/title. Although I initially struggled with the design, I was happy to make all of the very different manufactures elements work together well on a layout.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Deb, the photo didn't load properly on the post. It's only half showing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well..the half I see..is really beautiful! You did a wonderful job on making this an elegant page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, I was going to say that, too, that the half I see is really gorgeous! I love your style Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww you girls are so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!