Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

July 16, 2010

Faith Scrapping in a Brand New Way!








Most of us have heard of faithbooking and we have had quite a selection of faith inspired pages here on If It's Groovy, but this is a first in our groovy history! Go Kelly as you mix it up a little bit with a GREAT faithbenching project!!!
Deb♥


In Kelly's Words:
I like to dabble in painting funky furniture, or to be in tune with this site...GROOVY furniture! This is a going-away present project for the assistant principal of my kids' school. I had previously painted a different bench for the school(go green, saved from the dumpster), and the principal asked me to do another one. This wooden bench I got at Michaels (clearance!). My daughter sneakily got the asst. principal to give her a favorite bible quote. This is what it says on the back of the bench "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. (1John 3:18) I used dark green acrylic paint for the base coat and then used Elmers brand Paint Markers to draw in the children and the GROOVY designs. It is very relaxing to just pick a shape or design and just go with it (x's, o's, squares, circles, dots, squiggles, snakes, division signs, stripes, etc.). Its the same as doodling on your scrapbook layouts. It is easy to hide imperfections in my paint job with designs! Next project...a bench for my dining room. Tune in soon for an update on that project.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! I LOVE this project! I can't imagine how long the entire thing took with all the pretty details you added but it is soooo eye catching and beautiful! I love the colors and your FABULOUS doodles, especially the characters! :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!