Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

July 19, 2010

Where Does Jami Lynn Scrap?


AS a long time scrapper, I have been repurposing on and off my pages for a very long time. This month DT member Jami Lynn has brought us a layout about her own personal scrappy space (and don't we all love that!) as well as a few repurposing tips that I am sure you will find helpful. Without further adieu, Here is Jami Lynn...





For a while now I've been wanting to honor my own little scrappy space and create a page about it. I took these photos recently and decided it was time.
Up until a year ago I never even had a place that was designated specifically for my scrapbooking. I would just pull everything out and sit at a table when I wanted to scrap.
As you can imagine though, I eventually accumulated more scrappy stuff than I was able to pull out whenever I wanted to. That's when I decided I needed my own area in which I could keep it all and work on projects all at the same time.
So here it is. It's not much...a folding table, some repurposed UPS & USPS mail boxes that hold my pattern paper, a table top organizer from Making Memories and a homemade one from a $4 lazy-susan I picked up at Wal-Mart.
I'm still trying to figure out the best organizational system for my space & the way I scrap but so far I'm LOVIN' it!



I used one of my favorite techniques on this page too. You see the 'Inspire & Memories' accents? They were both cut out from the same piece of pattern paper and then adhered to a piece of cardboard.
I save cardboard from cereal boxes all the time to use on my pages like this to create my own custom chipboard accents.
It's a cool way to re-purpose something that might otherwise end up in the trash into something useful & adds a personal touch to your LO's at the same time! Give it a try! : ]

On this page: Background-Basic Grey Lime Rickey, PP-DCWV Mod-Retro & Main Street Stacks, Pink Paislee, Theresa Collins and misc. unknown scraps,
Letter Stickers-Heidi Grace, Websters Pages {Little Storytellers}, American Crafts {Thickers}, Lace Ribbon {A Million Memories}, Flowers {Prima},
Brads {Making Memories & Queen & Co.}, Label Holder {Making Memories}, Stamp {7 Gypsies}, Pens~Sakura Pigma Micron 08 and ZIG Writer {black}, other {photo corners}.

2 comments:

  1. You know, my scrappy space has changed some more since I did this LO! I purchased hard plastic containers last week that stack on top of each other and can hold ALL of my cardstock & pp. It was starting to get dusty sitting in the open usps boxes. Oh and I picked up a hanging embellishment center and 4 hard plastic stackable drawers @ 50% off on my last trip to Michael's-SCORE!! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. great room jami lynn and lo!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!