Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

August 04, 2010

Stamping Owls

Here is a cool card from Heather today!
Deb♥








What fun I had making this card!!! I am using it for a Fathers Day card for my hubby but could be used for many different occasions!

To make the tag, I swiped Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold distress ink next to each other on a craft sheet. I spritzed it with water using a mini mister. I then placed my tag on the ink. I would push it down and pick up and move it and push down again. I then used a heat tool to dry the tag. After dry, I stamped the owl onto the label using Brushed Corduroy distress ink. I then stamped the limb using Forest Moss and Crushed Olive distress inks. I then again spritzed a small amount of water on the image and then dried again. I then used Glue Dots to attach the googly eyes. I used a blending tool to add a few other colors of distress inks to the sides of the tag. Then I tied some jute through the ribbon hole.

On the inside of the card, I cut a piece of cardstock to fit inside. I ran some Brushed Corduroy distress ink around the edges and stamped a small owl in the corner. I used some Cosmo Cricket letter stickers to put the sentiment on the inside "owl always have eyes for you".

The actual card, I used a white core cardstock. I took a file around the edges to pull out the white core and then again distressed with Brushed Corduroy.

Ta-da! I love the way it turned out!!! And I got to play with a new technique of using my distress inks!! Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. What a great card and I hope I remember to use that technique as I have all the supplies to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cute!! Where can I get my hands on that stamp?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking that the owl stamps are Inkadinkadoo. I will doublecheck though. I think i got them at either Joann's or Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!