Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

September 17, 2010

Mommy Can I Go to School?

What if your children said that instead of "I don't wanna get upppp". Wouldn't that be a lot better for the start of your morning? Well, Jeannie has created something to make her children's folders happy and who knows maybe something like this could work for you :)
Deb♥

From the artistic mommy herself...Jeannie...
Being the mom to 7 kids, when BACK TO SCHOOL comes around and the kids start bringing their SCHOOL SUPPLY lists home, it can be a little overwhelming. I am all for using last years stuff whenever I can talk the kiddos into it.

My 1st grader came home from his first day of school and said he needed "3 BINDERS." I told him, 1st graders don't need binders but I could not talk him out of it. The only way I was able to pacify him, because I would not buy him 3 binders, was to make these One-of-a-Kind folders for him.

These were made from ordinary pocket folders. I used my Cricut Expression and my Cricut CREATE A CRITTER cartridge for the critters. I embellished them with some Jelly Roll pens, some paper polka dots and some dots from my FAVORITE pens in the world, my DOTTA-RIFFIC pens. To adhere them permanently, I used my XYRON 9" Creative Station with the Permanent adhesive. That adhesive was a must to make this project usable for a 6 year old. I hope you like these, my 6 year old absolutely loved them!!


3 comments:

  1. WOW! What awesome job you did! I love the folders! I have the Cricut machines and many of some of the carts. Even though my girl isn't in school yet, she loves to organize and put stuff in folders and containers! She would love this! On behalf of your children, thanks for showing them so much respect by doing this. My mom used to do special little things and it really creates magic that helps them get through the days at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natalie!! Hey..if you go crazy and make some...add a layer of CRYSTAL CLEAR contact paper to the top...That way the critters stay put!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!