Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 14, 2010

Get Ready to Shed Tears


October as we all know is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Last year I started a tribute on IIG to do what I called Pink Out asking The Groovy Chicks, to share as many pink layouts and/or projects as they had. This was to be shown in honor of those who have fought the battle and lost, as well as to those who fight with a capital F-I-G-H-T.

Groovy Chick Jeannie has put together an amazingly beautiful Pink Out video for everyone to share in together. PLEASE take the time to listen to the beautiful words of songs by Mercy Me playing as you take a look at the women we have lost, women we love still, the women who are not even grown women yet.

Sorry we could not show this in October, but EVERY month should be October when it comes to this cause!!! We are in this together, so please fight for the cure so that WE Women stand united against the uninvited!!!

Special thanks to Groovy Chick Jeannie for her hard work!
Deb♥

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free photo slideshow generated with Smilebox

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the warning, I did shed some tears! Jeannie, this is just gorgeous.
    Everyday is so precious, and thank you for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a nice way to remember them. It was hardest when I saw the little girl with the iv. I hope she's okay. And seeing the mom's empty chair and slippers was hard to see. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to be honest and say I didn't watch it... I couldn't watch it. Breast Cancer is too close to me. My mother had it and beat it, and most likely, due to my mom having it, I will have it some day too.
    I'm sure it was as beautiful as has been said.
    And I totally agree w/ you Deborah, every month should be October when it comes to this cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my polka dots..what a wonderful tribute to women, girls, mom, sisters, nieces, aunts, everywhere! Truly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I really did have a lot of fun with it! I had no idea how much I use pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got to watch this! It's amazing, beautiful and I am so honored and proud to know all the amazing women on this team! Women in my family have been affected by BC and this made my cup spilleth over. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, this is beatiful, and yep, made me cry.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!