Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

January 15, 2011

Decorating for the kiddies

Sometimes we should take our scrappy supplies and create projects off of the page.
Here is a great example today from Jeannie!
Deb♥



This project was initally posted on my blog. August 9th 2010. I got some very nice feedback online and even more when people come to my home and see them in person, I thought you might like to read about this project. You can go to the original post. Here is the link:

http://polkacabana.wordpress.com/2010/08/09/the-mantel-project/
Part of the original post reads:

"It seems lately, if I get a “PROJECT” done, it is nothing short of a miracle. I had the 1st part of this project done, but I had the idea after my pictures were done, to do individual blocks for each child, and those, for some reason, took me awhile. So months after I announce my MANTEL PROJECT, it is done. I got the idea to do this A LONG TIME AGO!! I read an article somewhere about color properties, relating to how you can use the color meaning in your scrapbooking. Well, I thought it would be great to research the color properties of the main colors ROYGBIV and see how they apply to each one of my children. Lo and behold, I have 7 children, the perfect number to ROYGBIV them. So, now on my mantel, the kids are in ROYGBIV order instead of age. This bothers the children who are my LEFT BRAINED thinkers. but my RIGHT BRAIN thinkers, totally get it! So here is the MANTEL PROJECT, in R-O-Y-G-B-I-V order!!!"

You can go to the original post to view and see the COLOR properties that go along/describe each child.

Jeannie

1 comment:

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!