Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

March 23, 2011

Pass the Sauerkraut Cookie Please!

I am so glad Michelle is bringing us a cookbooking layout today! It has been awhile since we have seen one here on IIG...which tells me a lot of people are going out for dinner. Hmm? I know in my house I would rather go out since everyone has such diverse tastes, but a family cookbook is truly a special scrapbook to have. Let us know if you have one! We would love to see it too!!!
Deb♥

From Michelle:
Every year growing up we would do the Christmas Cookie Making Extravaganza. Since over the years the Cousin's grew up and had their own families. The number decreased at the Christmas table and so did the Cookie Making Extravaganza. This was my daughter's 1st Christmas, so we got who we could together and headed for Mom's. In the pictures we have my sister, my cousin's daughter, and my daughter. My mom and I of course, picture takers are missing!

This was a Page Half Done(PHD) for 2 years now! It was time to sort through Grandma's Recipe files. Since Grandma was always busy in the kitchen and a great cook and baker. Her recipes files consisted of recipe boxes & binders including recipes from heritage, an exchange club, magazine clippings & every side panel, packaging, etc. that had a recipe. I came across a recipe called Sauerkraut Cake, doesn't sound appealing.....wonder if she made it? And if she did, did she tell whoever what was in it? Got to find that out?

So what's on my page: Ivory Cardstock (matting and lettering-cut from Sizzix), paper from an Christmas bundle maker unknown. Jolee's by You - bowl/spoon dimensional stickers. A vintage(it's from the 70's) Quaker Oats "Famous Oatmeal Cookies" recipe with the offer of a cookie jar.



2 comments:

  1. I'm sitting here with a huge grin because the title says it all! Great layouts Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page with lots of nice memories for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!