Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

June 11, 2011

What is Your BirthVerse?

Heather and I have been working together here at IIG for a very long time and she never stops amazing me with her projects! This one below is a great example of that! I have a soft place for Faithbooking layouts. Read on!

p.s. My BirthVerse is:

Psalm 9:9 NIV
The LORD is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
I Like It! Definately planning a lo with that...thanks Heather!
Deb♥





Did you know that everyone has a Birth Verse? It's true! You can find out what your verse is at www.birthverse.com. Proverbs 4:27 is my triplets birth verse. It says (NIV): "Do not swerve to the right or left; keep your foot from evil."

I had the perfect pic of my boys' feet while they were laying on the floor watching cartoons. I thought it would be really cool to scrap that picture with their birth verse.

I had a lot of fun with this lo. I didn't want to "grunge" it up too much but I am not sure I know how to do a layout otherwise! (haha) I had some fun using grungeboard in ways I hadn't before.

On the grungeboard flourishes, I embossed them with walnut strain distress embossing powder. After it dried, I wiped a little off with my finger and then too walnut stain distress ink back over it.

On the grungeboard arrows, I painted them white. When dried, I sanded the top just a little. I then took walnut stain distress ink over the top and worked it into the embossed grungeboard. I then took a wet papertowl over the top lightly to take a little of the ink back off and make it look more whitewashed.

I used Basic Gray Recess collection. The title was created on my gypsy. The verse was printed on my computer and then I layered it on a Technique Tuesday tile and sanded and inked.

Why not look up your birth verse or someone in your family and create a layout incorporating the verse? I plan to do one for each member in my family!


1 comment:

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!