Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

July 11, 2011

Raisin Boat: Santa's Goodies with Doreen

The "Santa's Goodies" stamps were so cute and I knew I wanted to create a small little scene out of them! So I kept the rest of the layout fairly simple. I cut out a large circle to place my stamped images on so that they didn't get lost against the busy background. I then stamped all my images on white paper so I could have the freedom to color them they way I wanted to. After cutting and gluing down my images I added a little bit of pizazz to my tree w/ self adhesive gems. They look just like ornaments!! I didn't like the emptiness on the left hand side, but knew I didn't want a huge title, so I stamped a journaling spot on white paper from the "Family Circle" set and used it for a small title and journaling. After I was done adding it to the layout I realized there was too much white so, going with the Christmas theme, I colored it green.

Here is the stamp set:



3 comments:

  1. I never thought about adding a lighter colored circle or other shape so that my die cuts or stamps would show up! Thanks for that technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to add stamps to your layout and these pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 13, 2011

    I hardly ever stamp, maybe never stamp on my layouts...but how you've done this is fantastic! Love your scene Doreen, the coloring and the adding of gems to this great stamp set :) Vicky #7622

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!