Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

October 24, 2011

Home Sweet Home with Viji

I had a lot of fun making this layout. Chennai is my home town back in India! It is a colorful place with lots of traditions, festivals, foods, beaches! This layout reminds me of home ! So many fond memories!! Chennai is gateway to the South, and its culture is distinctly different from that of any other city in India. Tamil tradition and culture is essentially the celebration of the beauty, which is exemplified through dance, clothing, and sculptures.

I started out with a white cardstock. Stuck the photo. Then I decided to use my water color pencils and used a good old toothbrush to spray the color on the paper. I covered my photo with a scrap piece of cardstock. You can see the close up picture to see the result. I like the soft colors of the water color pencils. It came out pretty cool. I made tabs of different colors for writing down what's special about my home town! The different colors signify my colorful hometown! Then just stamped on the layout for the title,accent and the border. All the stamps are by Fiskars. Love these ones! Very simple and quick layout. Hope you like it!



3 comments:

  1. I love how bright and cheerful this layout is. Nice touch using the toothbrush to create the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and fun to learn more about your hometown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you did that background! Beautiful layout, gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!