Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 05, 2011

My Scrappy Style: Michelle



Have you determined what your scrapbooking style is? Well, I have thought about it before, but never thought of one style.
BUT after looking at what I have been doing lately....
I think it is best described as Shabby Rustic Distressed....I think of it as a play on Shabby Chic style. I like inked and/or paper distressed edges, torn papers, inked up BUT usually in neutrals and earth tones, which gives it that Rustic/Earthy feel.

After looking at Scrapbook.com I guess the best fit is a cross between Distressed/Shabby Chic

So, Here is a page I did from one of our many visits to my Aunt and Uncle's property in PA. We would usually visit Labor Day Weekend every year and every once in a while Memorial Day Weekend. My Aunt and Uncle own 150 Acres of wooded and farm land that has a portion that cover half a side of a mountain.
This page is the opening page of our trip Labor Day Weekend 2007. I have been wanting to scrap this set of pictures forever. This was also, my daughter's 1st visit too!
I used a Close to my Heart paper kit called Felicity. I distressed the background cream paper base by inking up the edges. I had used half of one of the die-cut papers in a previous project. So, I cut another die-cut paper in half and divided them up into 2 pieces. Giving me 2 of each pattern to form the die-cut circle background. Cut the fawns and my letters out on the Cricut using a Kraft cardstock. Before I removed the letters from the mat. I inked them up otherwise it would be to difficult to ink each letter. Double Matted the photos using some pattern paper and Kraft cardstock inked edges, of course! Used a cotton twill ribbon, some fibers and a orange button to embellish. Added the moon from a scrap and the inked tag with my journaling.
Journaling reads:
Our yearly trips to Aunt Stella & Uncle Bob's!
This was your 1st visit to the farm as they call
it, Fawn Hollow Farms. For years, I used to go before
the house was even built. Sometimes with my parents
or even your 2nd cousins.

Love how it has that earthy farm feeling.....

2 comments:

  1. love your 2 pager michelle! the papers and colors are perfect!!! jen t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to put a name on your style, well, at least it was for me. Great job in finding the right fit for you :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!