Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

May 03, 2012

THUMBPRINTING: Penny

This month's challenge at If it's Groovy was a "real" challenge for me! Not because the challenge was hard, but because I worked on a printing press for 17 years, and had ink on my hands everyday at work, and I found it really hard to get my hands inky again! LOL But after getting past the "inky" problem, I had a ball! After looking at some "thumbprint art" on the internet for a while I decided on this "Easter" themed layout. The photos were taken at my grand children's school during their Easter egg hunt. The kids were all lined up with their homemade Easter baskets eagerly waiting to get to those eggs, and then the "hunt" was on! The journaling reads: School Easter egg hunt. "Matthew in his blue suit, and Madison in her blue dress, they were beautiful. They had a ball! 2010" Supplies for this layout include: Cardstock - Green, orange, light orange, light green, light yellow, med orange Pattern paper - Glitter paper, and grass pattern paper (the grass paper is really old, but worked great for this layout. Ink - Brilliance pink, and G studios green, yellow and light blue. Scissors - deckle, and pinking Punches - Martha Stewart sunburst, border bow, McGill flower punches. Stickers - Words "Easter", basket, chick, where all purchased years ago! Photo borders were made on Kodak picture maker. Assorted fibers. Brads I also sewed the journal block. A tip for making this kind of layout is to let your "thumbprint" dry completely before you try drawing on it, I had to redraw several of mine in order to make them dark enough. Also I suggest practicing on some scrap sheets first to get the feel of how much pressure to make and how larger to make your thumbprints. Hope you have fun making your own "Thumbprint" layout, and let your kids help you for an added treasure! Love Penny























No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!