Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

December 06, 2012

Design Your Own Paper: Lindsey

Day 1 * Grade 4 by Lindsey Krauss. Supplies: Paper: Making Memories, Brads: Making Memories, ZvaCreative.com, Snaps: Making Memories, Ribbon: Jenni Bowlin, Scenic Route Paper Co., Letters: Making Memories, Marker: Sharpie, Chalk: Inkadinkado, Ink: StazOn by Tsukineko, Template: Creative Memories, Other: star buttons, paper flower, latches.

Design your own paper! Last time I tried this technique, I scanned my favorite bag, printed it out 8"-1/2x11", and used its pattern as background paper - it was a huge success! This time, I tried a few different methods. First, I extracted color from my son's shorts and designed my own plaid paper in PhotoShop. It was just a matter of creating lines in different widths and colors and layering and relayering until I got the plaid effect I liked. I printed it, cut it, inked it and pasted it. The second method I used was to trace and edge of a Creative Memories Storyline Guideline template and ran brads, buttons and snaps along the traced line. This creates a pattern, some color, and a frame for otherwise plain cardstock. The third and last thing I did was a little light doodling. I didn't go too crazy because the page called for clean lines and subtle movement, so I drew stitching and chalked the corners. The possibilities and combinations for creating your own paper are endless, go for it!


Day 1 * Grade 4

4 comments:

  1. Wow - this is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is so cute! All the work sure paid off - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You did a great job on designing your plaid paper to match your sons shorts! Very nice page and great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!