Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

January 05, 2013

How to by Wendy

More from Wendy that I know you can appreciate :)
Deb♥

I love buying everyone gift cards for Christmas, but I really don't like just handing them out in boring envelopes. 

This year, I bought myself a treat...A Cutter Bee Cutting System and a Martha Stewart scoring board.
I wasn't sure how much use either one would get, but now that I tried them out, I'm hooked!

Here is an easy idea for a gift box using a scoring board.

This gift box measures 4" x 4" and is 3" deep.

Using this template, here are the measurements I used:

Start with  2 sheets of 10" x 10" papers.

On one sheet (the bottom), score lines at 4" on all four sides of the paper.
Cut small notches in the spots noted in the diagram, to make small tabs for easier folding.
Fold on all of the scored lines.  Adhere the small tabs to each other and adhere the sides to the tabs.

For the second sheet of paper (the top), score lines at the 3.75 marks on all 4 sides.  This will make the top just a tad larger to fit right over the bottom. 
Follow the same folding instructions for the bottom piece.

I filled each box with tissue paper hiding a gift card.  Then I added some pretty ribbons and a gift tag. 

This was actually really quick to do and my gift cards are much more fun to hand out.  :)

 Blogging Jan 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!