Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

April 16, 2009

Meet Lissa Ballard Resident Lead Sketch Artist

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Lissa! She is the one who created those way cool sketches you see above! Let's take a peek into her life now :)

Photobucket


HI! I'm Lissa Ballard, aka Lis, mom, mommy, B, honey, hey you and MOOO-OOOOM! I'm married to Kevin, going on 13 years (this August). We've got one son together, our 8 year old, Dalton. I had two sons from a previous marriage, Reaves and Taylor, who are about grown. One is in his 20's and one is in college approaching his 20th birthday. To say I'm old these days feels like an understatement! My family and I live in beautiful Williamsburg, VA where the history is rich, half the population is NOT (the other half) and the weather is generally agreeable! We don't have much in the way of scrapping stores so I'm an on-line junkie. Good thing too because the inspiration I get through the world wide web is just astounding! I started scrapbooking in the early 70's and kept going right on through my late 20's. I stopped when life got hectic as a working mom. It wasn't until my littlest guy was born in 2000 that I got the inspiration again. I've been hooked ever since! I'm now a nut for almost anything paper art related: altered art, mini albums, stamping, cards. I have recently given up my beloved 8.5 x 11 pages for 12 x 12 which has begun to take over my shelves to be sure. My favorite products are anything by Basic Grey, ribbons, brads and flowers that go on nearly every page despite the fact I have so many boys to scrap about. I swear by my Cricut, live by the power of my x-acto knife and wouldn't scrap without my stamps and inks close by. I'm so excited to have become a Groovy Chick again (definitely a lovely throw back to my youth) and look forward to being inspired by and working with all the other awesomely Groovy Chicks here at If It's Groovy! We've got a great team and a wonderful Head Groovy Chick In Charge!
Peace!Lissa


Lissa used the 6x12 version of this month's sketch. Give it a try and you too can have your layout shown here on If It's Groovy. Send to groovydeb@yahoo.com when you have it completed :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Lisa!! Great sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab flourishes. I can't wait to see what all you create!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch...I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!