Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

August 27, 2010

Holding on to Summer

As Summer here in the USA comes to a close thoughts of fresh juicy watermelon will just be a memory until next Summer arrives. Receiving a card this cute would certainly put a smile on my face...without the stickness of the real thing!
Deb♥

From Kelly:
Mouth watering watermelon...looks like someone couldn't resist taking a bite!
I folded a 5 1/4"x 8" piece of pink cardstock in half. I used a bowl to trace this slice shape, and then used my Sizzix texture plates and ran it through the Big Shot to add a fun texture. I inked over it with pink ink to make it "pop" a bit. I used the Fiskars Seal of Approval punch to take a "bite". Then, I cut lots of small squares in all different shades of green and glued them around the edge to look like the rind. Lastly, I used some embroidery floss to stitch in some seeds. Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Well you can sure send some watermelon my way...it is getting up into the 115+ still!

    What a great card! I love it times ten! Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!