Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

August 19, 2010

Sticky Note Cover-Up with Natalie


Pretty little sticky note cover for your purse, home, or office. Makes great gifts.

Find any shape of sticky note and make a matchbox cover for it! They make great gifts to your friends or yourself! I also think they'd be great to make for craft shows!
Get some quality cardstock, some matching sticky rhinestones, embellishments, some thin magnet sheets(I use the ones from old fridge grocery lists)a paper cutter, a scoring tool and double-sided adhesive tape.

Measure your sticky note and note the dimensions on a paper. I used 3.5 x 3.5 in. The depth of the paper pad must be measure, too! Mine was 3/16 in.
I cut my patterned cardstock the width of the sticky note and left it 12 in. long.
Then I moved down 3 in. and scored across the width of the cardstock. I moved it down 3/16 and scored the paper again. Then I moved down 3.5 in. and scored again and moved down 3/16 and scored again. I trimmed off the excess paper 1.5 in. past the last score mark. I adhered small strips of magnets to the inside to keep the cover from opening and then I decorated the outside.

1 comment:

  1. so pretty...they also make great teacher gifts; my daughter made them for her teachers for Christmas presents last year

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!