Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 29, 2010

FOR THE BIRDS: DOREEN

Have you entered our challenge this month? Today is the last day and here showing you one last bit of inspiration for this challenge is our newest design team member Doreen. Way to bust down the door Doreen!
Deb♥


My layout for the “For the Birds” Challenge is my first layout for “If Its Groovy”.
The funny thing about the layout is it may be the first for this challenge, but it is not the first layout I have made of these pictures. The truth is, I scrapped the pictures before, but after I finished the layout, I just wasn’t happy w/ it. I am not a believer in re-doing layouts because, well really…who has time to re-do a layout when there are so many more that need to be done?! But, I just could not stop thinking about it… I literally woke up and went to bed still thinking about how much I hated the layout! Crazy huh?! Well, I decided that if it bothered me that much, I would put my ‘rule’ aside and just re-do the darn thing! So I did and here it is! Ta-da! I am 100% happy w/ it now and what a scrappy-relief it is too! This experience taught me 2 things:
1. Be thankful for the digital age when you can just re-print or re-order pictures whenever you feel like it (I had to throw the originals away when I destroyed my layout)
2. Some rules are okay to break! It is okay to go back and re-do old layouts if it would truly make you feel better.
I know not every layout I make will be a masterpiece and I am okay w/ that…most of the time. But when I’m not, I now feel okay w/ the fact that I can try it again!

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya! I have done over old layouts that I made when I was just starting out that I wanted to look better. I had a couple to do over when my mojo had left and then returned! Great layout and love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout and such great advice! Thanks Doreen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the team Doreen! :) I love the colors on your layout and how neat is your advice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! I am having a blast being on your team! Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!