Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 08, 2010

It's One Thing or Another

Last week my 15 year old was stressing BIG TIME because her straight A average is in jeapardy. I talked to her for a long time about it and how amazing she is to me; How proud she makes me, and how being a sophmore and never bringing home B's or lower has been just outstanding. I made this card to leave for her on report card day as a reminder because it really is so important to her to keep her GPA high for college in the next few years. What a good girl! Please inform me of scholarships if you know of any she should apply for!

This 4 panel card has removable pocket tags and was inspired by a member of the Fiskateer board. I think I am changing gears though and am going to use it as an embellie after she reads it...if she lets me use it for a page. Always have to record events and that includes the ones she is not exactly thrilled with right?
Deb♥

6 comments:

  1. Love your card! And I can totally relate. I also have a straight A daughter who is a sophomore in high school. She is taking AP courses and playing 2 sports (school and club) and got a B+ on her progress report. I love that she is dedicated and self-desciplined. All we can do is let them know we are proud of them and one B is not the end of the world. Great job Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intuitive mom! Deb this is lovely and I bet your daughter will keep this for a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You never cease to amaze me Deb! This card is great! I never got straight As because I did not think I could get them. My parents did their best, but I really could have benefited from some more intervention and I am proud you did not make her feel guilty or make her feel bad. I am positive I have math dyslexia! I am going to get tested for it some day, Math was always a killer and took up way too much of my time. Wow, that was therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me amend the above, I didn't get straight As until I got into my Master's program, then I knew who I was and that I could do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for a great kid! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!