Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

January 20, 2011

CRAYON RUBBINGS: DARLENE

There is about 10 days left on our scrappy challenge this month to use crayons. Have you opened that big box of 64 recently? Check out Darlene's layout :)
Deb♥



One day recently I was playing with papers while brainstorming ideas for a new layout. I found this interesting squared off design happen on accident, and I realized I liked the look of overlapping papers as part of a layout sketch. I took out my pencil and jotted down my invented sketch in my head, in my sketches notebook for future use.

I used all scrap papers for this layout of my 2-3 year old sister years ago, and even used up scrap alphabet Thickers. :)

I cut 5 sections of patterned paper into an “L” shape for each layer and I distressed all of the edges prior to layering one “L” onto the next. With the fourth layer, I pleated the paper and stitched it down for a bit of interest in paper texture. For a fun look, I used a black Crayola crayon to doodle stars and edges on the layers. Aren't crayons unexpected yet sweet? I lastly added some hand-cut stars out of the remaining paper scraps and added my title. Totally simple and fun layout. I think I will use this sketch again for another design in the future. Won't you give this design and crayon technique a try? :)

4 comments:

  1. this looks awesome Darlene~wonderful job!! : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the layers and how nicely they frame that adorable pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool!!!! great job with the layers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one! Yes, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!