Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

November 03, 2012

Hand-Cut Words:Michelle

One thing I have overcome with my scrapbooking is to use my own handwriting on my pages. I used to use computer printed journal when I first started, then die-cut letters, alpha stickers and stamps. Somewhere along the line I heard the words..."capture you on the page" I find that this is especially important when it is my own children's scrapbook pages. I savor those handwritten recipes, envelopes and cards that I do have from family members who are not longer with me.

For this page title, I used a trick I picked up from Deb. Deb used this technique back on a Online Crop over at Fiskateers, it was one of her Simon Says Games. Here is the trick: Turn your paper over and either write your word in cursive backwards then cut out or you can print your words on the write side up paper and cut them out!

I inked up the edges of the word "Dad's" with Red ink to add depth. Using a Glitter Gel Pen I traced the edges of each letter in the word "helper". This was a fun, simple design...But those pics and title have impact!
I used photos that I have be playing with for a long time. Nothing never seemed to go for me. Once I pulled out the Primary colors from scraps I was working with and grouped my photo collage style I got it! This are pictures of my daughter outside helping my husband put in our stone front walkway, back in NJ.




4 comments:

  1. Nice layout and super cute photos! Great job on the hand cut words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to say I don't wtite on my layouts either bit use stickers. It has helped in the past when I spelt a word wrong and could just move them around. But your hints have me wanting to try it. Fab layout to :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute LO and cute helper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle... Dad's Helper is a little darling and so is your layout! I remember Deb's tutorial for creating our titles and you do it very well. I usually limit my own handwriting to the journaling, but this inspires me to try it for my title.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!