Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

March 29, 2009

Celebrating Miss Charlotte Doodles

Welcome Back!

Last year about this time I was lucky enough to experience new life in the form of a killdeer. I had never seen a bird like this before. My daughter was outside playing ball and stumbled across the bird appearing to have a broken wing when in fact she was trying to force Kristen away from a nest of eggs she had close by. I held a contest at Fiskateers fiskateers.com (tell 'em Deborah Sent you) to tell me what kind of bird this was and to name this precious girl. Today I celebrate Miss Charlotte Doodles who came back to lay her eggs and bring new life once again. They are beautifully hidden amongst the brush in this field beside my house and she is there protecting them once again with her "broken wing". I was able to get pretty close to her to take these pics too. Thanks for coming back Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!