Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow If Its Groovy

Translate

December 08, 2012

DesignYour Own Paper: Brenda

Creating a background page was totally out of the box for me!   I struggle with “getting messy” so as you can see, I kept my technique simple. 
So here’s what I did:

1.  Punched all around a piece of 12 x 12 karft cardstock using a Recollections punch
2. Using Crafter’s Workshop 12 x 12 Reverse Chicken Wire template, I applied Gesso using a sponge paint brush.   And once it dried…
3. With the template still in place, I lightly misted the cardstock with Mister Huey’s “Passport” Coloring Mist.

I was going to add a few drops of red paint, but chickened out!   LOL   After getting the background completed I went on a hunt for a sketch to create my page.
 
My layout design was inspired by a sketch by Em at PageDrafts .  AND.... I was able to use up some old scraps from Echo Park and Jillibean Soup!!!

I am looking forward to seeing all of your takes on this challenge! 

Happy Holidays!!!

IIG Pot of Water

5 comments:

  1. This is sweet and simple - love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the gesso with the chicken wire! What a beautiful background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowser! Great job on the background! I love it and I know how hard it was for you to get "messy"! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is gorgeous! I thought it was digital when I first saw it - it's that perfect. Great job getting 'messy.'

    ReplyDelete

Don't Miss a Thing! Sign Up for Groovy Mail! Safely Subscribe!

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Where You Be?

Sign the guestbook while you're here!!!